Friday, May 30, 2008

Arrival

I have arrived safely in Kosovo and have spent the first day tired and sleepwalking through inprocessing. I left Houston at 3:35 on Wednesday and did not arrive to Camp Bondsteel until midnight Thursday. Thank you, delayed plans and lack of flights to Kosovo.

So far, things are relatively nice, especially as compared to my time in Baghdad. Not so much compared to San Marcos though. My "apartment"/converted shipping container is about 8 feet by 20 feet and if I'm laying on my back I can touch both walls. Doesn't seem like much space, but maybe it will force me to be organized. Ha!

Still a lot of work to do to make it feel comfortable but at least I've already bought sheets, a pillow, and a blanket which will be much more comfortable tonight than the stolen Lufthansa blanket was last night.

Oh, and the PX sells Dr. Pepper. Thank you, Baby Jesus!

4 comments:

mollyb said...

Coleman, hello and love from Aunt Marti! So glad to hear from you and I hope that you post often. I want to hear all about thingsin Kosovo. I am thrilled that they have your special drink. Are you going to be able to post pics? Things are going well in West Virginia. I talked to Mommee and Pap and they told me that you were headed for the airport on Wednesday. Love you!

Unknown said...

So they have Dr. Pepper, but what about Makers Mark?

Matt said...

Hey - glad to hear you made it in and that they have your special sauce. Do you dunk the chocolate chip cookies in the dr.pepper?

Mom said...

Hi Coleman,
Just sent you a long note but since I didn't have a "blog" account I lost it all when I went to sign up. Mainly, we're happy to hear you made it safely and we can't wait to hear more.

We're having a wonderful time in LaVeta. We've seen lots of wildlife including a cinnamon bear!Will write you more when we get home on Sunday.
Love you much, Mom