Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Boring Week

Okay, okay, I know everyone is hoping for daily updates but there's really just not that much going on. I've started working so that's exciting but not really. All this week, I've just been reading all day, every day, trying to get up to speed as to what is going on around the American sliver of Kosovo. And there's not much going on. But I have to get familiar with the various towns and municipalities and the various characters associated with them.

On Friday, I managed to talk one of the systems admin guys into installing some new software on my computer that will make my job easier once I finally get going. So that's a plus.

One thing that's sure to impress the parents (and, to be honest, anyone who knows me), I have woken up, without needing the alarm clock I went out and bought, at 5:50am every morning since I got here, without fail, no matter what time I've gone to bed at night. This is deeply disturbing to me since that's at least an hour and a half earlier than I need to get up. Maybe something has clicked in my screwed-up brain that since this is a real job, with a meaningful employer, I can't be screwing around and showing up late. Even though the Army captain who is my military supervisor said he didn't really care when I came in to work, as long as I put in my 8 hours. I don't think I'll try to push that by showing up at noon though.

Maybe next week there will be some more action but for tonight, it's movie time.

3 comments:

mollyb said...

Coleman, it's Aunt Marti checking in from WV! We don't care if it's boring. It is great to hear from you! We have all been thinking of you. Bill had a torn bicep repaired as well as a shoulder tendon on Friday but he is recovering quite nicely from his surgery. We are having Texas weather so it is very hot here. Did you see that the Texas Governor's Mansion burned? The last I read it was arson. I remember going to visit it when I was in the 7th or 8th grade! I am glad that your job is going well. Maybe you can post some pics in the future.
Love you! Aunt Marti

mollyb said...

Hey, Coleman! Thought I would check it to say "hi" since no one else has! It has been a busy week but I am hanging in there. I hope that your week is a little more exciting as far as work is concerned. Bill is doing well although he overdid it yesterday and he doesn't feel quite as well today. Also, one of his stores was robbed so that doesn't help either!
We love you!
Aunt Marti

Unknown said...

well i can't let aunt marti be the only one to write you...