Friday, June 13, 2008

Coleman gets a lesson in...

...Electricity!

An eighty-dollar lesson, to be exact. While trying to make my accomodations a little more livable, I went to the PX and bought a speaker system for my computer. Assuming that since my computer works fine when plugged into a surge strip which is plugged into my 220-volt outlet that my new speakers would work as well, I got everything nice and ready to go and plugged it in. Pop! Speakers are no more. Hmm, laptops are rated for 110v and 220v. Nothing else is!

I'm an idiot.

4 comments:

mollyb said...

Dear Nephew, let me remind you. You are not an idiot but a "freakin' genius" so just remember that and we will all learn from your lesson! I am watching the news on Tim Russert now. I can't believe that he died so young - younger than your Auntie! I hope that you get to do something fun this weekend. I will probably have to work as we have a convention next week-end and I have a lot of computer work in preparation for it. Always something but I am so highly paid - I am kidding!!! Love you very much!!! Aunt Marti

Unknown said...

Sounds like when I asked Jan to send me a fan since it was freaking hot in Iraq. When I finally got it, I was so excited for the first 10 sec until it started smoking then blew up. Oh well, Those 10 sec felt like heaven. Stay safe buddy and hurry up in resolving the Kosovo/Serbian conflict.
Oh, is your mother sending you her delicious cookies?

Mom said...

Coleman,
Did you pay your buddy to add the comment about the cookies so I would feel guilty? Maybe next week... Do you think it takes about two weeks for all packages to arrive in Kosovo?

Sorry about the speakers...live and learn.

Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!