Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Gym

After my first real workout since I've arrived in Kosovo, I feel weak and confused.

Confused because when I'd been working out back home, I knew exactly (more or less) how much weight to use on each machine. Here, the machines are completely different so I had to figure out what machines to use to get an effective workout and then I had to guesstimate how much weight to use. I had to keep adding or subtracting weight to find one that felt manageable and then just do as many slow and steady reps as I could.

Weak because I've been a lazy fatboy since I first found out I was coming to Kosovo and almost as bad since I got here. I've got a long way to go to get back to where I was in April. But there's not much else here to get in my way so I've got plenty of time to do it.

1 comment:

mollyb said...

Coleman, I have had computer problems and I didn't want to ruin my posting "record" and most of all, I wanted you to know that I look with interest with what is going on in your part of the world. I also had to deal with a state convention that went very well over the weekend. Will write more later after looking at your photos - Michael Steele was amazing at our convention. Bill got to pick him up and take him back to the private airport that he flew into on Saturday close to our convention. I rode in the car on the way back to the airport. Love - Aunt Marti